10 January, 2015

Happy Gotcha Day, Little Round Megs







It has been one year since Megs arrived and took over my life. She is cheeky, mischievous and a little honey.

Right now I could do without her delight in catching lizards and bringing them inside. Invariably Megs looses control of them. Yesterday she surpassed previous efforts by bring in 4. One died,  I rescued two and goodness knows where the fourth one is. I found its detached tail wriggling on the living room floor. Thankfully there have been none today although she has spent a lot of time outside.

It must have worn the lass out as she has just snuggled down in her round, fluffy cat bed.


Another fun habit (fun for Megs) is to sleep on the laptop. This was especially good over Winter as she had heat from underneath and from above as the heat pump is on the wall behind her.

I happily admit to being a pussy-cat-pushover, and Megs certainly has me wound around her little paws.

Happy New Year Everyone. I think it is going to be a good one!



12 comments:

knutty knitter said...

Nice to see she has settled in then :) It was frogs with one of ours.

Sprocket is now one heck of a huge cat - probably that wild father of his. We had to get him a dog basket as he outgrew the cat basket which now belongs to Vera next door (my brother's rescue longhaired black scaredy cat).

Happy new year

viv

Mickle in NZ said...

Hi Viv. A former workmate used to find partial frogs on the bedroon floor - Ick!

I don't mind the lizards but Megs has no understanding that skinks are a protected species, lol.

Rhodesia said...

How great to hear from you. A very happy New Year to you Diane

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Howdy Megs, it's Penny here, Stella and Rory's feline sissy. I love skinks too and catch them all the time but don't bring them inside. Not enough scream factor. I like to bring mice in. Once in the middle of the night, mum heard a crunching noise, turned on the light which made me run off and leave behind a headless mouse. Oh that was a fun night. Lots of yelling and stuffs. Glad all is well and Happy New Year to you all. No worries, and purrs, Penny, and slobbery love, Rory and Stella

Maggie May said...

Oh dear, a lizard's dissected wriggling tail! Sounds like a nightmare!
Megs is a beautiful cat so we'll excuse her!
Happy New Year.
Maggie x

Mary Z said...

So good to see a post from you! How's your summer going? It's SO cold here now.

Sian said...

Euuuuwwww! Lizards!! Poor things! At least we don't have that problem in Orkney. LOL!

She looks a beauty and I'm so pleased you found each other.

I'm also delighted to see a post from you. Think of you often...

Marjie said...

I love the picture of Megs sitting on your laptop. So glad she is filling your heart and home. Mike's cats Winston and Buffy have moved into their real house, and are delighted that, as yet, the humans have not purchased enough furniture, so they can slide around on the hard wood floors. Winston does want to get to the back yard and chase the turkeys there, and Buffy's ready to go chase some bugs. Cats are such an amusement!

So glad to hear that you're well, dear Mickle. I'm glad you got to visit with your parents over Christmas, and hope they are as well and spry as ever. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

You're back!!! Happy New Year, dearest Mickle!! xxx

jon said...

Rescue cats are the greatest. They are so appreciative.

Anonymous said...

Where in the world is my friend Michelle and her baby Megs?

Just trying to track you down Michelle both by comment and via email.

Hope you and Megs are ok. I even searched for you on Face Book and could not find you, except to find out there are a lot of Michelle Coopers in Wellington NZ

I think all of you need to get together and form Michelle Cooper Day! :-)

Your friend
Mitch
Elkton VA USA

Maggie from Stillness at Cherith said...

Four in one day! Busy felines =)
Glad she has found such a great home with you.